Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter - Good for your year between college and law school | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter

"Good for your year between college and law school"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA
Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Beverly Hills, CA

Pros

I worked as a legal assistant for one of the lawyers there, and it was a solid entry-level job, although I assume the experience might depend on which lawyer you worked for. The one I worked for was understanding and kind, laid-back and liberal. I did not get to know most of the attorneys there very well, but the atmosphere as a whole was friendly and relaxed. The building was nice and in a convenient location. I believe the attorneys there practice all types of law, but if you are interested in entertainment law, it's an especially good place to learn.

Cons

I have no idea about the situation for the attorneys, but for many of the assistants, it was just a place to work in between undergrad and grad school. Most of the assistants went on to law school after they completed a year or two of being a legal assistant. Thus, the work could get repetitive, boring, or slow. I suppose if you knew you were going to stay longer with the firm then it would be a lot easier to get excited about the job, but as I said, for most of us, it was just a temporary stop before moving on.

Advice to Management

I did not have must contact with the Senior Management, and therefore do not know what to suggest.

Other Employee Reviews for Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter

1. "Great hands-on experience"

Former Employee - Law Clerk
    Former Employee - Law Clerk

I worked at Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands-on experience with some of the most experienced attorney's in the Greater Los Angeles area; friendly and enjoyable atmosphere.

Cons

Don't work here looking for a raise; most law clerk positions are given to recent college grads with the desire to eventually go to law school.

2. "Don't go to lunch!"

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Century City, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Century City, CA

I worked at Isaacman, Kaufman & Painter full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You're allowed to take lunch.

Cons

They take the "At Will" clause seriously, and will terminate you while you're at lunch!

Advice to Management

Practice Humility!