Isilon, A Division of EMC - An extraordinary team | Glassdoor
  1. "An extraordinary team"

Current Employee - Senior Software Quality Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Isilon, A Division of EMC full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great team, insanely great product, no rank-and-yank type tendencies. The market positioning with the new Dell acquisition makes this a force majeure in the storage field. The technologies leveraged by the platform are insanely fun to work on, and the teams that build out tools for devs and techs are amazing.

Cons

Standard big company problems. The word from on high is disseminated gradually, but fully, by mgmt. The spirit of competition, while never rancorous, is strong. Certain players don't respect business hours.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.

Isilon, A Division of EMC2017-02-06

"Developed software for Isilon's OS OneFS."

I worked at Isilon, A Division of EMC

Pros

Great coworkers, good work life balance, interesting problems to solve.

Cons

Small company culture is being slowly eroded. Many things were in flux when I was laid off.

Advice to Management

Do your best to maintain the culture, I could've easily worked there for years provided the culture doesn't change too much.

Isilon, A Division of EMC2016-04-07
  2. "Great Product in big company"

Pros

Isilon is great product. Work and Life balance place

Cons

Too many process. After integrated into Dell, become rigid, lost vitality... Salary in Shanghai is not competitive.

Isilon, A Division of EMC2019-10-29

Discover more reviews about Isilon, A Division of EMC.