It's Just Lunch - Be wary: Great product bad execution | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for It's Just Lunch

"Be wary: Great product bad execution"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Miami, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun to product to sell

Cons

Will change comp plan whenever they feel like it.

Advice to Management

Provide bonuses for reaching sales quotas or going above them

Other Employee Reviews for It's Just Lunch

"False Leading Statements TO Excite Prospective Client In Order to GET THEIR MONEY. Match According To LOCATION ONLY"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time

Pros

Hope The Client Lives Near Another One To BE Able To MATCH THEM. Instructed to CLOSE THEM. Lead them to believe they are going to have a change in life. Poor Capabilities By Upper Management. Question Their Morals YOU ARE GONE. Question Their Integrity. You Are GONE. Question ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR PROCESS TO MATCH NOT BEING TRUTHFUL.. YOU ARE GONE. They SAY one thing and DO ANOTHER. PERIOD.

Cons

Upon first being hired, you find out quickly that what you were told upon training, is not the case. The fact is, It's Just Lunch Changes Their Statements About Their Matching Process. They can ask all the interview questions they want to MAKE the person feel like they are being heard, and what they are looking for will be presented to them in their dates, but this is N O T the case. ONLY reason for interviewing client is to try to change what parameters they have to broaden the spectrum so more candidates can be introduced. Age and Location. seems to be it. MUST CLOSE the client. GET that membership. Can not close the client, you did not do your job properly. Do not question upper management or you are out. Have to change prospective clients minds in order to get them to be more receptive to whatever you match them to. Location. Location. Location. That is really their main main qualifier.

Advice to Management

You might want to put more faith in those that are experienced then those that have no experience at all for your entrance level positions. You might want to share the real basis of what your service tries to exemplify with out leading your prospects on, younger staff too. You might want your management to treat your staff as adults and not children, and be honest with your agenda instead of firing those that question it. You will never grow if you can not take care of your clients and keep on hiring young naive "Yes" puppets to do your bidding. You do need to improve your methods, system, customer service turn around and response and training methods.

"Most unethical company on the planet"

Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Dating Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a home office

Cons

This is the most unethical company I have had the displeasure of working for. Within my first week I found out one of my colleagues had gotten fired because they felt she wasn't a good fit. Why did there hire her in the first place? Second, another woman was fired when she started questioning IJLs ethics. We were told to tell everyone we had "matches" and we knew very well they didn't. I feel so sorry for people who don't take heed to the numerous negative reviews. People want to find love and I just don't see how they will find it here.

Advice to Management

none- they wouldn't take it

It's Just Lunch Response

Jan 10, 2014 – Online Marketing Coordinator

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time working with us. While your candor is appreciated, I want to clarify that lying to clients would never be tolerated let alone encouraged. This is against... More