It's Just Lunch - Hi Pressure and lie to customers | Glassdoor

"Hi Pressure and lie to customers"

Former Employee - Matchmaker

I worked at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

I can't think of one reason why I would recommend a person to work here.

Cons

They have a script that you read to customers. The man and woman you talk about are ideal and the person you are talking to thinks that is the type of people you have for them to date. The truth is you lie,lie lie, to customers. It is all about making money. That's it. The people that work there are not trained matchmakers. They are hired off of the street and trained only on how to read the script and sell to the... customer. The data base is small, thus the reviews on being matched with people they don't want to date. They sign up ANYONE who has the money. I had to quit because I felt taking money from these people so I could make a living was immoral. They call up people that have a lot of money and upsell them a "deluxe" membership and then go thru old expired members or current ones and send them on dates. There are no special events - total total scam. Disgusting

Advice to Management

You should close this scam.

It's Just Lunch2014-05-02

It's Just Lunch Response

May 27, 2014Human Resources Director

We appreciate reviews, whether positive or negative and welcome the feedback, but would like to correct a few misstatements.Our Dating Specialists have produced over 2,000,000 first dates and thousands of marriages, engagements and long term relationships to date. We interview all ...

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Toledo, OH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment, awesome pay, great support, Great co-workers, awesome contests, unique job, I love being a part of finding people love and happiness

Cons

After a few months they will reduce pay and increase commission (this could be good or bad, but makes employees responsible for earning that paycheck), remote work but still have to drive to an office. Also it's a very tough sale and can be frustrating, but if you love a challenge like myself this is a non-issue.

Advice to Management

Allow all employees to work from home if they prefer, this reduces overhead and increases employee flexibility.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-23

It's Just Lunch Response

September 16, 2019CEO

Your insight is appreciated. We’re so glad to know that you do enjoy the overall team dynamics fostered from co-workers, management support and helping our clients find that special someone! We appreciate you!

2. "I LOVE working at It's Just Lunch!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an Executive Matchmaker with It's Just Lunch is my favorite job I have ever had! I love coming to work and I have the best boss ever! Our Vice President is amazing! She is so motivating and great to work for! The environment is great and very enjoyable!

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I love it here!

It's Just Lunch2019-08-22

Discover more reviews about It's Just Lunch.