It's Just Lunch - This is the most unethical company ever. | Glassdoor

"This is the most unethical company ever."

Current Employee - Matchmaker in Portland, OR

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get your own office.

Cons

This is the most unethical company ever. They hire men and then fire them after a few weeks. All to get around EEO. They listen to all calls and then call you if you didn't shove a contract down someone's throat. They give leads for your territory to someone else that they "like" so you are left with years old leads. Many are so old they have already gotten married! Commissions are paid based on a weeks sales so... you won't make much over minimum wage. Better plan on working extra hours and weekends if you want to even have a chance at a sale. Other territories grab your calls after hours if you don't answer at the first ring. They lie about almost everything and the packages are so expensive even Lawyers and Doctors won't buy. You have to make over 100 calls per day to old leads who aren't home during the day. They change territories constantly so you may not have the territory where you live!!! And....you don't EVER give out your last name because unhappy customers have given death threats when you won't (can't) give their money back. Save yourself and don't even apply to this place!!!!!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Price the packages so sales can be made. Groups will be big enough so people can actually date more than one time! Stop monitoring every call.

It's Just Lunch2014-05-30

It's Just Lunch Response

June 9, 2014Human Resources Director

At It’s just lunch, we adhere to All EEO guidelines and procedures, and would never hire or fire someone based on gender. As with most companies that employ sales customer service representatives, some calls are monitored to help ensure customer satisfaction and quality of service. ...

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Dating Specialist in Toledo, OH

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Comfortable work environment, awesome pay, great support, Great co-workers, awesome contests, unique job, I love being a part of finding people love and happiness

Cons

After a few months they will reduce pay and increase commission (this could be good or bad, but makes employees responsible for earning that paycheck), remote work but still have to drive to an office. Also it's a very tough sale and can be frustrating, but if you love a challenge like myself this is a non-issue.

Advice to Management

Allow all employees to work from home if they prefer, this reduces overhead and increases employee flexibility.

It's Just Lunch2019-08-23

It's Just Lunch Response

September 16, 2019CEO

Your insight is appreciated. We’re so glad to know that you do enjoy the overall team dynamics fostered from co-workers, management support and helping our clients find that special someone! We appreciate you!

2. "I LOVE working at It's Just Lunch!!!"

Current Employee - Executive Matchmaker in Miramar, FL

I have been working at It's Just Lunch full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an Executive Matchmaker with It's Just Lunch is my favorite job I have ever had! I love coming to work and I have the best boss ever! Our Vice President is amazing! She is so motivating and great to work for! The environment is great and very enjoyable!

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

I love it here!

It's Just Lunch2019-08-22

Discover more reviews about It's Just Lunch.