Itron - One of the best places to work in Liberty Lake | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Itron

"One of the best places to work in Liberty Lake"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst Programmer in Liberty Lake, WA
Current Employee - Systems Analyst Programmer in Liberty Lake, WA

I have been working at Itron full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large on-site gym, sand volleyball and basketball in parking lot, friendly and appealing work environment, casual attire.
Business is strong and steady.
3 weeks vacation after 2 years.

Cons

Since it's in a small town the salary isn't as competitive.
Sometimes the pace of change is quite slow considering the fact that meters don't change a whole lot.
Self-improvement isn't rewarded. The rate of progression in the company is set in stone, so working extra hard doesn't pay off.

Advice to Management

Profit sharing is excellent, but would be even better if it wasn't paid out on such a sliding scale. I would be great if everyone got the same amount, instead of getting a percentage of your salary. Upper management seems a bit greedy on things like this.

Other Employee Reviews for Itron

1. "Overall Positive Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Union, SC

Pros

The people here are very approachable, helpful, and competent. There is a lot of room for advancement, both upwards and sideways into other fields. The compensation and benefits package is on par with most other companies, and there are plenty of little perks to make it even better. There is plenty of work to be done, and a good mix of challenging problems to solve.

Cons

The investment community doesn't seem to understand the costs of making a good product. Itron doesn't outsource our R&D and production, which results in a fantastic product that happens to cost a bit more. Investors see this traditionally good way of doing business as a negative thing, which hurts the stock prices. They love us when things are good, but hate us when the least thing goes wrong. Decreasing stock prices result in losing good people and business, as well as stock option benefits. It's a great place to work, but it's sad to see such positive efforts going unnoticed by the rest of the world!

2. "My experience with Itron has been fantastic."

Current Employee - Director Technical Support Services in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director Technical Support Services in Raleigh, NC

Pros

Ever changing business, customers are great to work with.

Cons

Long hours, heavy workload, lack of respect in some areas.

Advice to Management

Identify our problems, create action plans, and execacute to resolution. Stay focused on Customer relations and what makes us great.