Itron - Good company if you get & can keep the right Boss | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Itron

"Good company if you get & can keep the right Boss"

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Itron full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

When profits/revenues were good...bonus and profit sharing was nice. HQ and Raleigh office are comfortable. Business processes usually organized. Most people are friendly, professional, and talented. Products work and relatively few product issues. Communication from management is above average but not perfect.

I was Project Manager for nearly 5 years, and had the best boss I have ever worked in my 20yr career.

Cons

I did the same job for over 4 years and my boss changed 3 times. First 2 were great and the last was a "Dud".

Not all, but some managers could care less about an employee's work/life balance and the unique values an employee can provide the company.

Travel can be extreme. Doing the same job, I went from 10% for the first 18 months to 100% when I left.

Employees are expected to the bank. Itron's travel policy (when I worked there) required the employee pay for all the travel expenses from personal funds and then submit expense accounts for reimbursement. If I missed an expense, it was out of my pocket. My expenses exceeded $50k/ yr.

Incentives/bonuses for project mangers became more complex and virtually unobtainable. I quite trying.

I was laid off (by the Dud boss) because I would not accept a project that required travel 100%, 2 time zones away for almost a year. My boss did absolutely nothing to help me find a job within company as well. I felt as if I was "just sucked in" and later "spit out." Itron did provide a minimal severance package only after some negotiation.

There is a high turnover rate of project managers and sale executives.

Advice to Management

Take care of your staff and they will take care of your company.

Other Employee Reviews for Itron

"You must be careful about Itron International"

Pros

Before Actaris acquisition, Itron was an extraordinary Company, respect and honesty towards the employees were the cause of motivation and innovation.

Cons

Since Itron Inc. gave the full control to Actaris, betrayal and blows twisted between employees become something normal. Consequently no motivation.

Advice to Management

The situation in the International become out of control, It is time that people from Itron Inc., which not come from Actaris, take over control to rectify this situation.

2. "Itron"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ipswich, England (UK)

Pros

Professional company, nice place to work, friendly people and supportive culture, good benefits, opportunities to progress, global footprint with opportunities to travel.

Cons

Company strategy is often not clear. Feels like everything is a work in progress. Changing goals and priorities.