Ivy Insiders - Good use of the summer for someone without the academic background to be qualified for more competitive internships. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Ivy Insiders

"Good use of the summer for someone without the academic background to be qualified for more competitive internships."

Former Employee - Summer Branch Manager
Former Employee - Summer Branch Manager

Pros

The pay is pretty good if you work hard enough. Hours are flexible and management is accessible and easy to relate to.

Cons

If you are starting an entirely new branch you will have a hard time attracting clients because the company's name recognition is effectively nil.

Other Employee Reviews for Ivy Insiders

1. "Exactly what you make of it"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Ivy Insiders part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ivy Insiders is one of those rare programs that gives you exactly what you put into it. If you really take to the program, work hard and follow up, you can make serious money and gain incredible experience. No other summer job I've had has given me experience in sales, marketing, operations, and customer service all in one. On top of that, I made close to $6K for my efforts in only 3 months! On top of that, I have been able to land a prestigious internship for next summer and I give a lot of the credit to my experiences at Ivy Insiders. I would highly recommend it.

Cons

This isn't an easy summer job; you are literally starting a business on your own. The Central office gives you a ton of training and support but ultimately you success (or failure) is up to you. I will say this, that if you fall behind in sales, its very hard to make up ground and the Central office doesn't focus much on slow performers. I would recommend you focus all your energy on getting a strong start to your summer.

Advice to Management

I would like to have been given more direction in the activities I was asked to do. Having never done anything like this, I think Central can be more effective at disseminating best practices for all activities, namely practice exams and workshops.

2. "Summer Branch Manager (and thereafter part-time tutor)"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Ivy Insiders as an intern

Pros

Branch Manager: Opportunity to learn to manage all aspects of a start-up, from operations to sales. Very independent with fast paced learning.

After the summer, I was offered the opportunity to tutor part time. This position was much better pay and less work. There was a flat hourly pay and the company found the students for me to tutor on my college campus.

Cons

Branch manager: My payment for the summer was equal to the branch's net income. Given the high cost and percentages paid back to the company, this meant I received very little compensation for my work that summer, especially when calculated on an hourly basis. There also was little support/direction from the company provided.