J.B. Hunt - Great | Glassdoor

"Great"

Pros

Co-Workers are great, and easy to work with

Cons

No cons that I can think of

Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt

1. "No chance to advance."

Former Employee - Company Driver in Elwood, IL
    Former Employee - Company Driver in Elwood, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent pay & benefits...IF...you are full time.

Cons

LIARS...!!! Hired me on as a part time Company Driver. Told me there would be advancement opportunities for full time employment. I worked for 16 months as a spotter with no benefits nor a raise. The position I worked in & the place I worked at was, an outsourced position from a manufacturing facility. This particular facility had been having a major problem in keeping a part time spotter. I soon found out why. The female S & H clerks enjoyed discriminating against legal aliens of 3rd world decent as well as most men in general. I worked there for 16 months...when a full time position became open...it was open to anyone...except me. I believe this was because they couldn't find anyone willing to work part time with no benefits. A contract existed between the facility & J.B. Hunt. It expired during my tenure there. It was renewed & I was told that the contract had been renewed for another 3 year term but, did not include a raise for me at all. J.B. Hunt exploited me...a 14 year combat veteran...they expected me to work there 36 more months with out a raise & without any benefits...then they added that on those certain occassions when I was asked to work more than my 6 hours a day...5 days a week...that if I went over 40 hours, that I would NOT be paid time & a half for over 40 hours. It felt to me as if they were saying...thanks for being a sucker...sucker. We don't want you as an employee unless we can continue to exploit you forever. I quit shortly thereafter & told them, when I gave notice, that it did not have to be a 2 week notice, that I was willing to work longer...until they found a replacement. (Am I stupid or what ?)

Advice to Management

Have the moral courage to stand up for & do what is right. When you have a hard working , good employee, you should do what it takes to keep him on board. Especially if he is a veteran, this becomes more important. If you say, we appreciate our freedom...& thanks for the effort...SHOW IT.

2. "Not too bad"

Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Regional Driver in Chicago, IL

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great equipment, got freight pretty easy going once you get thru all the bs. Great group of drivers. Brokedown want to go home just tell them they will get you home. Home every weekend with out fail.

Cons

Shop Sucks week plus to get anything fixed. Chicago can be hell if you do not know what you are doing. Company polices can protect you but more likely to screw you if you dont know what youre doing i.e. youre a retard.