J.B. Hunt - DCS Driver | Glassdoor

"DCS Driver"

Former Employee - DCS Driver
Former Employee - DCS Driver

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice Equipment, nice people in management.

Cons

They will promise you big money like over 1000.00 per week but reality is more like 500.00 to 600.00 gross. Once again, trucking company lies about what you will be making. This has caused me to drop out of the trucking industry. Once my CDL is up for renewal, I will drop the CDL for a normal drivers license. You cannot trust any trucking company.

Advice to Management

Pay what you promise. If you say 50,000.00 per year, pay it. Truck drivers need paid by the hour, not the mile or stop. That pressure causes unsafe pushing on self to make more money.

Other Employee Reviews for J.B. Hunt

"Bad experience with J.B. Hunt"

Current Employee - Fleet Manager in San Bernardino, CA
    Current Employee - Fleet Manager in San Bernardino, CA

I have been working at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are great. they are very helpful.

Cons

Management lacks any kind of respect to its employees. My way or highway attitude. Management shows preference to white people.

Advice to Management

Listen and be respectful to employees.

"Inexperienced drivers may want to avoid..."

I worked at J.B. Hunt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is right there, Decent benefits, Uniforms, Lots of safety training, Needless to say J.B. is all over the place, so, ability to transfer/ relocate

Cons

Equip. is not always well maintained (good luck if your truck goes to the Joppa Md. garage) As with many large company's, very often one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. To corporate, you are just a number. PERIOD! Easily replaced. All incidents are recorded, no matter how small, which can be grounds for dismissal (with mild accumulations) or, make you an unfavorable prospect to another Co. Unless you pretty well know your way around in this biz. and a particular position would be VERY convenient for you, i would strongly think twice about working for them! As one of the instructors said during orientation, "gentlemen, this is a hard job to get & an easy job to lose" Also, if you are serious about working for them, talk to at least 3-4 drivers from the terminal where you would be driving out of, & as always, google J.B. Hunt driver reviews...

Advice to Management

Likely, this box doesn't have enough space.