Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Mandatory 10 + hours workday

May 15, 2018 - Dispatcher in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great starting salary! if it was in fact a 40 hour work week.

Cons

but they don't notify you that you MUST work 10+ hours a day 5-6 days a week. On Salary that's just not fair. Salary is based on 40 hours a week + 10 hours of OT if necessary, it should NOT be mandatory. 50-70+hours of work, we should be compensated for OT or risk losing employees. Which i have already experienced 4 employees in 3 months quit due to this practice.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

nice people

Jun 27, 2021 - Welder/Fabricator in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

very flexible with the schedule

Cons

. . . . .

Be the first to find this review helpful

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

We're glad you've had a positive experience. Thanks for being part of the team!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Losing good people

Aug 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people that work here are fantastic, I feel genuinely cared about by peers for the most part. I genuinely care about the people I work with as well. If you don't have a bachelor's degree, you can still move pretty far in this company if you work hard. Lots of lateral movement available. For some jobs, overtime is worth it. Mostly relaxed environment, people can dress comfortably, the corporate office is pretty nice even in the older parts. Bonuses have been nice in recent months.

Cons

Favoritism in upper management. Pay is sub-par compared to other Fortune 500 companies in the area. Communication is way off in all business units and all levels. People feel out of the loop about career advances, working with other teams, etc. Work from home is allowed but very looked down upon whether they say it or not. I like going into the office but don't like feeling guilty when I need to stay home one day. Lots of gossip sometimes. It's hard to avoid.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about J.B. Hunt Transport.