J.B. Hunt Transport - Awesome | Glassdoor
  1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at J.B. Hunt Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives, work environment, colleagues, culture, diversity.

Cons

Nothing to comment about no negatives.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

J.B. Hunt Transport2019-09-14
  1. "Senior java developer"

Current Employee - Senior Java Developer in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at J.B. Hunt Transport full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Very Nice to every time

Cons

Very good in all the way

Advice to Management

Keep going

J.B. Hunt Transport2019-08-05
  2. "Great experience for first driving job"

Former Employee - Regional Inter-modal Driver in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.B. Hunt Transport full-time for more than a year

Pros

Efficiency. Use of apps & technology. Earnings. Freight volume. Safety standards. Many accounts to choose from.

Cons

Benefits a bit high cost wise. Sometimes deadhead or bobtail miles not entered initially when load changes. Mid roof sleepers restrict passenger opportunities.

Advice to Management

As a first time driving job, this was a great experience. Typically 3 mos experience is required, though fortunately I qualified under the veterans program. Unfortunately, was termed for accident frequency (very minor). No regrets choosing JB over other carriers for new drivers. Keep your available time updated, and you will run (Intermodal that is..Don't know about other accounts)! Very pleased with my... earnings. The days went like clockwork using the apps. Functions in the new trucks make constinuous safe driving easier. I thought my initial trainer was very harsh, though I'm glad he taught me what he did because it all was handy every day. I also realized there are many bad drivers out there, both private and commercial. If you're looking for your Fleet Managers to coddle you and be your best friend, this may not be the place for you, though I was very rarely disrespected and I knew my managers had their hands full and were concentrating on keeping me moving and the operation running efficiently. Only frustrating things I can think of is when more than one person is watching your messages and you seem to have to tell the same story to more than one person (should use the odd/even method) and sometimes if your load changes, the addl DH or BT miles aren't added so have to request them to be put on separately with your Fleet Manager later. Overall, would highly recommend!

J.B. Hunt Transport2019-11-30

Discover more reviews about J.B. Hunt Transport.