Cover image for J.B. Hunt Transport

Former Employee

Great environment

Jan 29, 2023 - Software Development Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company’s engineering and technology division is full of great people, and their intern programs greatly benefit both employer and intern.

Cons

Software Development is not my passion and not what I want to do post college.

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

We’re glad to hear that you had a positive experience working at J.B. Hunt. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great

Feb 1, 2023 - Operations Manager in Dallas-Fort Worth
    Business Outlook

Pros

Endless opportunity if you work hard enough.

Cons

10 hour shifts and 50hour weeks minimum.

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

We are incredibly thankful for the work you do! Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your experience. Drive safe!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Long way to the top

Mar 20, 2023 - Transportation Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, most drivers are kind/respectful, good company reputation, customer loyalty runs deep for J.B. Hunt customers.

Cons

Pay is not up to national standards, drivers don't understand when an issue is a warehouse vs manager caused issue, drivers take out frustrations on managers, drivers dont understand managers work/life balance and want them to answer 24/7, even on days off. Progression for moving up is slow. Rat race to the top and you sit on an account at Transportation Manager doing the work of a Manager 1 or 2.

Continue reading

J.B. Hunt Transport Response

Employee feedback is important to us, so we appreciate you taking the time to share about your experience. If you'd like to speak with someone about any concerns you have, we encourage you to contact the People Support Center. Thank you for being part of the J.B. Hunt team!

Discover more reviews about J.B. Hunt Transport.

J.B. Hunt Transport Photos

+ Add Photo
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: Wreaths Across America
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: Showing appreciation for drivers
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: PLUS(+) celebrating Pride Month!
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: We love drivers!
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: LEAD celebrating at the NWA Hispanic Heritage Festival
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: J.B. Hunt DMITs (driver manager in training)
J.B. Hunt Transport photo of: J.B. Hunt Dedicated Contract Services Drivers