J. C. Penney - once upon a time it was amazingly great but now it's horribly wrong in many ways | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

"once upon a time it was amazingly great but now it's horribly wrong in many ways"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

it once was a great place to work but now both nationally and locally it's changed and not at all for the better.....trust me!!

Cons

new ceo is treating it like apple and target and jcpenney is not like that and should be treated and respected for what it is and the employees are now treated with very little respect....no, they're not treated respectfully at all. as far as the customers are concerned he doesn't seem to really have them in mind while making all fo these crazy changes. sad, because I was very happy going to work every day before the new ceo took charge...now, not so much!!

Advice to Management

same sort of response as before....the new changes bought on by new3 ceo has now made it impossible for me to advance. by the way, i was told a short while ago that i was management material....that was before the changes. no room for advancement now!

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "Great learning experience"

Pros

Fast moving environment that allows young managers to develop a their own personal style of management.

Cons

Work/Life balance is low when working retail hours.

2. "It was pretty good"

Pros

I liked my coworkers and supervisor. We had so much fun while working. Job security and work hours are consistent.

Cons

There is no room for advancemment. Most managers stay at the store for years so very few opportunities for sales associates to promote up.

Advice to Management

Management should be seen on the sales floor more often and interact with the employees. Keep employees informed of what is going on.