J. C. Penney - great company to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

"great company to work for"

Former Employee - Replenishment Associate in Columbia, SC
Former Employee - Replenishment Associate in Columbia, SC

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (More than a year)

Pros

flex hours, good company benefits

Cons

on your feet alot but I enjoy moving around

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "Disappointed"

Current Employee - Team Lead Expert in Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - Team Lead Expert in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at J. C. Penney full-time

Pros

I like the comraderie of my teammates. At our store we really pull together in for major sets visits from district, corporate or other events. I think the shop concept is great and fresh. I love the fact that most of what we see and hear is very consistent with the vision and mission of the company.

Cons

I cringe every time I hear the words streamline or simplify any more. As a team lead expert (supervisor) these words mean I'm going to get more work to do with less people.

We are almost ½ way through the year and I have no real idea what I will be evaluated on. It used to be how the department is recovered (35%), sales initiatives such as credit applications, internet referrals& etc (25%), customer service (20%) and associate engagement-turnover and feedback (15%). Now everything is up in the air we have no idea. I hate that! I'm one of those people that pay close attention to my reviews and not knowing is very disturbing for me.

Advice to Management

We are spending a lot of money bringing in and cultivating senior executives and eliminating the positions that not only assist in providing "highly satisified" customer service, but ensure that we have merchandise out on the floor and ready for the customer in a timely fashion. Get feedback from all levels such as supervisors from the floor, replenishment, and merchandising as well as higher ups before initiating these sweeping changes that are supposed to save us money and hours!

2. "ok"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Antonio, TX

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

25% discount, good hours,paid training,relaxed dress code.employees very friendly.mangers are sometimes nice.

Cons

super short breaks,work long hours,has to stay after closing to clean up store.Which is ridiculous clothes everywhere,and trash just everywhere.Some of the managers wouldn't even help clean up they would stand there and bark orders.

Advice to Management

Maybe try helping employees clean up store at end of night.And make longer breaks.