J. C. Penney - I would go back in a heart beat | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

"I would go back in a heart beat"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at J. C. Penney (Less than a year)

Pros

By the second day I knew the entire department, was able to help any customer, knew the products, and was very well adapted to the workplace. My coworkers were very friendly as were my supervisors, one of which rewarded me for all of my hard work. They recognize when you're going above and beyond and they speak highly about it. My supervisor spoke about me, in front of me, during a group meeting and I was very pleased about it. I was not suppose to receive register training because my specific job duties did not require me to be on the register, but he also trained me and allowed me to do several customer transactions. I felt good knowing that he was putting trust in me. I only wish that they had kept me on full time, rather than just being seasonal. I was told that I'm a rehireable and was told that I can return when they do permanent hiring.

Cons

There was this one manager who never seemed to get off of any one's back, not surprised that no one liked her. There was almost no training provided, we basically watched videos and then was walked up to the floor and thrown into different sections. I couldn't even find the elevator during my first day of work and everyone kept directing me toward the wrong direction.

Advice to Management

Personally, I think they should get rid of a certain manager. Working became difficult when she was constantly on my back, she was yelling at me to help a customer while I was already with a customer, wanted me to help customers, fold, recover, put back items and help 10 different customers at the same time. I understand a standard is need to keep the environment on tip top shape, however, I am only human, my awesome will only be able to stretch so far, I can't be in 10 places at one time

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "I miss working there"

Former Employee - Cashier and Worked the Trucks in Burnsville, MN
    Former Employee - Cashier and Worked the Trucks in Burnsville, MN

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

felt like a family and they valued my opinions

Cons

the hours and the pay

2. "Its ok"

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Valley Stream, NY
    Current Employee - Service Specialist in Valley Stream, NY

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management does not stand over you.

Cons

Not enough recognition to workers. Pay can be a little better.

Advice to Management

Show a little more recognition when they are doing a good job.