J. C. Penney - Great Learning Experiece | Glassdoor

"Great Learning Experiece"

Current Employee - Internship in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Internship in Kansas City, MO

Pros

I internd with JCPenney. The Internship program was a great learning experience. You are truly recognized as a member of the management staff.

Cons

Work is very time consuming. You are required to work over 40 hours a week as a sales manager. Many associates also don't relize all the background work that goes into being a superior manager.

Advice to Management

Employment could be structured better to allow for future advancement in career. More visits from corporate would also allow for individual stored to achieve higher sales.

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "Treated like I was in 2nd grade."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Gainesville, FL

Pros

Easy to get the hours that you want. Job doesn't require heavy lifting. Customers were mostly friendly. Other associates were generally cool.

Cons

Management treats associates like toilet paper: disposable, of little value, and fed lots of crap. Sales goals were created and then we were brought in for review when we didn't make it. They did not offer any solution for creating additional sales, but chastised us for not hitting goals.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees as you would like to be treated. We may not make your salary or have your level of responsibility, but we respond the same to negative stimuli.

2. "N/A"

Former Employee - Sales Associatel in Alton, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associatel in Alton, IL

Pros

JCPenney was very flexible with its scheduling. Also, not all of the customers were too bad. I enjoyed some of my co-workers.

Cons

JCP did not pay very well. The middle management was incompetent. There was too much gossip between workers and management.

Advice to Management

Very simple: Find out if any of your workers are well-educated and intelligent before treating them as if they're ignorant.