J. C. Penney - Worked 6 weeks as temp Christmas help and was great experience as everyone made me feel like a part of the team. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

"Worked 6 weeks as temp Christmas help and was great experience as everyone made me feel like a part of the team."

Former Contractor - Service Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Contractor - Service Specialist in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at J. C. Penney as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Supervisors make you feel like a part of their permanent employees, treating all of us fair and proper. Gave Kuddos where needed and during holidays many provided food for us to all enjoy and even meals during black friday which was fun to work that day. Over all great experience.

Cons

Schedules sucks as most retail does so its to be expected.

Advice to Management

I was an excellent worker and was told I could get personal letter but never did.

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

"Worst job ever"

Former Employee - Fitting Room Assistant in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Fitting Room Assistant in Amherst, NY

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Discount, some coworkers are nice, large break room with kitchen and personal employee lockers, store is fairly easy to navigate and learn where things are

Cons

Unstable hours. Some weeks I was given zero hours, the next week 30 or more. Unable to request any time off during the holiday season. Absolutely no relevant training. You will sit through a 16 hour course on how to identify shoplifters and the company mission, but you will never once learn anything relevant to doing your job. I was completely clueless and had no idea what I was doing. My job was basically folding clothes and cleaning out dressing rooms, which was horribly boring. I requested cash register training several times and was never given it. Definite favoritism by management.

Advice to Management

Train your employees! Don't expect us to know what to do the day you hire us. Also, stop favoriting certain employees and letting them do whatever they like, while yelling at others for doing the same thing.

"JCP"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time

Pros

diversity; large company - opportunity to move to new positions

Cons

long hours expected; unstable performance review policy; changes in job descriptions cause lower performance ratings

Advice to Management

show more care about your people