J. C. Penney - Learn to be self-sufficient and customer is priority number one. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. C. Penney

"Learn to be self-sufficient and customer is priority number one."

Pros

I personally enjoyed the fast-pace environment it provided. Employee Recognition. Small treats for making sales goals.

Cons

Staffing issues, keeping up with customers when you are by yourself requires some skin.

Advice to Management

I feel some employees are being disregarded for the wrong reasons. In this economy, it's sad to see employees losing hours because some people don't want a credit card.

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "The company was becoming a joke."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee discounts, good benefits, met good people while I worked there, flexible with hours.

Cons

Being told at closing time not to close out the registers because we have to stay late, teenagers did not want to work Saturday nights and they would sometimes get preferential treatment with hours, poor salaries, morning meetings were repetitive.

Advice to Management

Pay your customer service associates better, all customer service associates have to work at least one Saturday night a month. Make the associates happy because if you don't have happy associates, then the customers will not be happy either.

2. "An opportunity to learn how to handle customer service."

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Westland, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Westland, MI

I worked at J. C. Penney part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was hired on as seasonal and was top 3rd seller within 2 months, as a result I was kept on and given premium shifts and bonuses.

Cons

The other employees did not treat me kindly, because of my hard work I rose up the ladder surpassing people who had worked there for years.

Advice to Management

Keep on rewarding those who put in the extra effort to make J.C. Penney the best it can be.