J. C. Penney - Just...okay | Glassdoor

"Just...okay"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Huntsville, AL
Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Huntsville, AL

I worked at J. C. Penney full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job. Very low-key environment since most stores were closing during my time working there. Not a lot of people shopped there due to change in company leadership and the whole "coupon fiasco". So generally a pretty easy job. There were credit goals, but no penalty for not reaching them. So need to worry.

Cons

Compensation was a little low to me. We didn't really get raises. Unless you were a top performer. You could be a horrible/lazy employee, but as long as you were getting customers to sign up for credit cards nothing else matters. So the employees that did all of the work as far as maintaining the store were pretty much invisible.

Advice to Management

Find ways to reward hard-workers, even if they don't FORCE customers to get credit cards.

Other Employee Reviews for J. C. Penney

1. "Is a good company"

Pros

Is a good company to work in because is very flexible in hours. Good for extra money. Especially if you are a college student.

Cons

The hourly rate is horrible for someone who has a family (spouse and kids). Also some associates that been with the company for more than two years think they are the boss of the new comers when they have no leadership position. Complaints have been made. Hopefully it gets resolve.

2. "Pressure"

Current Employee - Fine Jewelry Expert
    Current Employee - Fine Jewelry Expert

I have been working at J. C. Penney part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They close at 9 feed us Christmas dinner.

Cons

Mgmt clicky supervisor never there to help. So much pressure little pay.

Advice to Management

More.training you try getting iCaps your self. It's not easy.supervisor should help more she's never there. Never helps with sales expects us to train and never helps a customer if I'm alone and I need help.