KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Good

Aug 30, 2021 - Cashier in North Sioux City, SD
    Business Outlook

Pros

It pays a decent amount

Cons

It can get pretty boring

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to have a job

Cons

Customers can be a bit demanding

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Merchandising Associate

Sep 27, 2021 - Merchandising Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at a store for 10 years before it closed. Most associates had been there as long as me or longer (some 20-30+ years). Our store did not have much turn over when it came to management and support team associates. It really felt like a family and we did the best we could to help each other out and make out jobs/lives easier. I really enjoyed the positions I had over the years from Visual Merchandiser to Merchandising Execution Lead Expert to Merchandising Associate and everything in between. Most managers I worked with were friendly and hard working.

Cons

The pay is not great. It's definitely more than most make working in the store. Health benefits are pretty bad. There's a lot of out of pocket costs. The company changes direction a lot, especially with how the store is merchandised, so be prepared to always change your way of thinking. There's not a lot of communication that comes from corporate, most comes from district and a lot of times it is more their opinions on your work than if you are following what guidance was given from corporate. In my experience, Store Managers do the best they can with what they are given.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about J. C. Penney.