KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee, more than 10 years

Merchandising Associate

Sep 27, 2021 - Merchandising Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked at a store for 10 years before it closed. Most associates had been there as long as me or longer (some 20-30+ years). Our store did not have much turn over when it came to management and support team associates. It really felt like a family and we did the best we could to help each other out and make out jobs/lives easier. I really enjoyed the positions I had over the years from Visual Merchandiser to Merchandising Execution Lead Expert to Merchandising Associate and everything in between. Most managers I worked with were friendly and hard working.

Cons

The pay is not great. It's definitely more than most make working in the store. Health benefits are pretty bad. There's a lot of out of pocket costs. The company changes direction a lot, especially with how the store is merchandised, so be prepared to always change your way of thinking. There's not a lot of communication that comes from corporate, most comes from district and a lot of times it is more their opinions on your work than if you are following what guidance was given from corporate. In my experience, Store Managers do the best they can with what they are given.

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Job

Dec 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to have a job

Cons

Customers can be a bit demanding

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

CSR

Nov 28, 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people I worked with were wonderful, they offered VTO ( voluntary time off) so if the department was slow and they were over staffed they offered us VTO which gave you the opportunity to go home. You did not get paid but you had the choice. Employee Discounts 30% off anything. Benefits for FT.

Cons

During the Holiday seasons they were SUPER BUSY and had mandatory overtime. Which meant you had to stay over if they told you too,

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about J. C. Penney.