J. Crew - like working with clothing | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

"like working with clothing"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

The people that we meet every day.

Cons

Everything we get in shipment comes in plastic bags. Never get a run of items, always the same sizes sent. Not all customers are a 0 or 2 and they get upset when we don't have item. Wish our registers could keep up with what it sold and send item to replace, not stuff we have enough of.

Advice to Management

Let us know if we are doing a good job. Work with us more. Explain the way J. Crew would like things done better. I know sales people come and go and it makes it hard to keep up with what was said to who.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

1. "I love it"

Pros

Great discounts, laid back workplace and colleagues who are passionate and fun to work with at the same time. The shifts are not also very long.

Cons

The customers can be very annoying. They try and tell you something is wrong when absolutely nothing is wrong especially when they cannot return certain items.

Advice to Management

I think that some things they do are very good in creating a better company. However, I do not like how they have us focus on different things at different parts of the year.

2. "Fantastic environment to interact with people."

Pros

you meet new people every day. you learn about style and therefore get a good sense for fashion. You learn how to dress and be versatile with your wardrobe. The people you work with, at least in my store, are always in a good mood and willing to help out. Its also good to receive compliments when customers like the outfit that you are wearing. It makes you feel good, and it makes them think about possibly getting that item for themselves as well.

Cons

When it gets busy, it GETS BUSY. but that's just part of the business. Sometimes customers might think they are royalty, but you learn to deal with that type. Overall, the only con I can think of is closing time when people in the store come in, make a mess, and don't buy anything. They make you clean up their mess. Then again, that's what you're getting paid to do.

Advice to Management

Not all, but at least for some, when you talk to an employee, and you just got promoted to a "key holder" don't talk to us as if you've been a manager for 8 years and give us that sense of superiority when delegating, explaining, or informing us of certain things. ANYONE can be a key holder, don't think that you just got promoted to vice president or CEO of the company.