J. Crew - A fun atmosphere where I can where I can experience fashion from the retail point of view. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

"A fun atmosphere where I can where I can experience fashion from the retail point of view."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

The associate discount is remarkable, the opportunities are pretty good if I were to continue working there. The consideration for employees needs is wonderful.

Cons

The on-call slots can be inconvenient with an already busy schedule and sometimes the constant go go without a minute to rest can be wearing.

Advice to Management

As far as leadership goes I think for the most part, every trys their best to create a sense of equality and fairness that is amicable in the workplace.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

1. "A fun workplace because I love the brand."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Roseville, MN

Pros

I like the work environment and the other associates and sales support as well as management are all quality people. The quality of the clothing is excellent and I love that the main focus is creating an experience for our customers that reflects J. Crew as a company.

Cons

Sometimes the on call system is a little frustrating when trying to plan or schedule things. There are also times when business is pretty slow, but that's common in retail.

Advice to Management

Just keep sales associates and sales support up to date with expectations and also with things that corporate wants to emphasize. Encouragement is also a plus!

2. "Great work culture and excellent team work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Employee Benefits package is great.
    Compensation
    associate discounts are awesome
    casual work culture allows associates to work in a relaxed but highly motivated environment.
    Team support
    Time-off

Cons

A few technologies in place for technology job roles are outdated.
    Technology department should look for upgrading the existing ones and deploying latest technologies.
    Need to be process oriented.

Advice to Management

IT department should have an aggressive approach to adapt to new technologies.
    Over all it is a great opportunity to work for J.Crew.