J. Crew - Sales- Associate | Glassdoor

"Sales- Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Raleigh, NC

I worked at J. Crew part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is great, as a sales associate you get an hourly plus commission. You also get an amazing discount and when I mean amazing I mean AMAZING. You get 60% off new items, 50% off sales and somewhere below for the rest. Most employees are very friendly and the clothing is beautiful.

Cons

They are not flexible with hours. As a student it is hard to have this job if you are doing anything else. They expect you to work 30 hrs a week and rarely let me off when I requested. I once asked for a vacation 4 months in advance and I did not get all 3 days off. That's an easy request and they were not helpful. Honestly there is a rank for who gets off and who doesn't, they should hire more employees in order to avoid this issue. Its sad because I loved the brand and the people but as a part time associate the scheduling just isn't reasonable with this company.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

1. "Great company with great people"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Novi, MI

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

J Crew spends a lot of time training you on their suppliers, types of fabric, fit, etc. even if you're just seasonal. This type of attention to every employee really characterizes the work environment in a lot of ways. Great discount. Good hourly pay.

Cons

Not a lot of hours, at least for seasonal employees.

2. "A Good Place to Grow"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

J. Crew is a culture and the goal is to make shopping an experience. you learn how to deal with a breadth of customers, managers and co-workers and leave with a greater respect for jobs in the service industry. Customer service is paramount!

Cons

I wanted the opportunity to climb the ladder a little faster. Be patient, if you really want it, it will come. Put in some months as an associate, wow them with your sales and hopefully move to a personal shopper or mid-level manager.

Advice to Management

Dress the part and be willing to smile through any situation. The customer is always right!