J. Crew - Educating and Fun | Glassdoor

"Educating and Fun"

Current Employee - Client Specialist in Lynchburg, VA
Current Employee - Client Specialist in Lynchburg, VA

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (More than a year)

Pros

J.Crew is a great company to work for! They have opportunity to move up a lot within the call centers and the training really prepares you. You have the empowerment to make decisions without having to ask management always, which leaves you able to help your customer in the best way.

Cons

J.Crew's peak season can get a little insane.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

"My Management Team was horrible"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chesterfield, MO

I worked at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay! Pretty flexible with the hours, Very adorable clothes :) Breaks are reasonable.

Cons

Dress code is ridiculously expensive to follow! You dont have to wear their clothes but to keep up with thier dress code that changes every three months is really hard. You get No Benifits they keep all employees at part time!! They dropped me from 40+ hours a week to 10hours a week without any notice. My Management was horrible None of my managers were on the same page They had me doing 6 different things in 6 complete different areas!!!

Advice to Management

Make sure you take the time to meet with you other managers and key holders before making decisions because store 138 you were a mess!! Don't start employees with 40+ Hours with no benefits then drop them to 10 hours a week.

"No training, rude and malicious environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at J. Crew full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great for those straight out of college. This was an easier opportunity to get your foot in the door in fashion/retail. I'd recommend a young, fresh grad to take a job here, work for a year, and use it as a stepping stone to your next position.

Cons

I can't explain enough how negative my time working here was. I worked in the corporate office and there was high employee turnover, which speaks for itself. Management had little care for employees, and employees were downright malicious to each other. Terrible culture.

Advice to Management

1. Care more about your employees. Get to know them! And make a time investment in them. Many people could use positive mentorship.

2. Create a cross-functional culture committees. There is no sense of "togetherness" at this company. In fact, people are out to get each other, often being immature. Management sorely needs to step up to the plate and stamp out the poor attitudes.