J. Crew - Great company to work for, but not even close to enough pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. Crew

"Great company to work for, but not even close to enough pay."

Current Employee - Email/Chat Specialist
Current Employee - Email/Chat Specialist

I have been working at J. Crew full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I loved my supervisor, and they offer a lot of incentives to keep the employees from getting bored and cranky. It takes a lot to get in trouble or get fired at this company, and there's a lot of paid time off if you're full-time. Overall great environment. Your team is like family, or at least mine was.

Cons

Not even CLOSE to getting paid for the work you do. I had to leave because I loved my job but the money I made wasn't enough to get by. My job required ridiculous amounts of multitasking and perfect grammar, but the pay didn't reflect the amount of work and education that is required. I developed Carpel Tunnel Syndrome doing this job.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Crew

"Lacks creativity"

Former Employee - Sales Support in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Support in Glendale, CA

I worked at J. Crew part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working at J. Crew is the employee discount and sales.

Cons

If you're interested in the retail display at J. Crew, don't expect much. They'll give you the title, "sales support", but it's mundane work of a normal retail sales associate. The "visual" part of J.Crew is when that you have to rearrange shelves based on a set of instructions the company gives each store. Along with a box of items to display at the store. There is no creative freedom, and the "visual" part of the job, which is called a "roll out" happens every season or couple months.

Advice to Management

Please post schedules on time. I received my schedule only a week prior to my schedule, sometimes only 1-2 days before. Unprofessional and quite annoying.

2. "Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in White Plains, NY
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in White Plains, NY

I have been working at J. Crew part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Discount, part time is good, good compensation compared to other retail chains

Cons

The customers treating you, as if you are below them