J.P. Morgan - Intern | Glassdoor

"Intern"

Current Employee - Intern in Columbus, OH
Current Employee - Intern in Columbus, OH

I have been working at J.P. Morgan (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a great culture in J P Morgan Chase. People are usually friendly, actually more friendly than I had expected. Willing to teach what they know, even when I was just an intern.

Cons

It is a huge company. So it is difficult to really know most of your colleagues by name. For some people, you recognize their faces, but you never know their names.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

"IT was a rewarding position and I was lucky to be in the company of excellent colleagues."

Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist in Lewisville, TX
    Former Contractor - Loan Servicing Specialist in Lewisville, TX

I worked at J.P. Morgan as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very modern approach to business structure and policies regarding sex, sexual orientation, religion, race, and a modern approach to expression through body art(many of my managers had tattoos covering their entire arms). When a person feels comfortable to be themselves in their work environment they are the most productive.

Cons

Few negative things come to mind. I suppose the only negative experience was an opinion of me and others in my department that was formed from day one which led to different treatment from that particular person. Regardless of how hard I worked or out of the way I would go to prove myself I was not seen for the quality of my work, but rather their own personal opinions. I do not hold this as a reflection of the company as a whole.

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to who is having their contracts extended or terminated. Look closely at the attendance, quality of work, productivity, and if something stands out take action as to prevent these things from happening in the future and the person making the decisions be addressed.

"It's easy to get lost in such a HUGE company"

Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Program Manager in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

With the right manger who is willing to spend time to bring you up to speed and put you in the right position to excel, this is a great place to work; good for your resume

Cons

Very top down management style; hard to get notice as the company is so big; benefits is not as good as it should be; compensation for most of the employees are down from years in the past while senior management continues to take home the big bonus checks.

Advice to Management

Invest in people management; provide proper training to the new hire to enable them to make contribution;