J.P. Morgan - Solid company with great culture | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

"Solid company with great culture"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good teamwork and generally cohesive culture. Especially true for employees that have been around for 5+ years.

Cons

Very large bank. Sometimes its easy to get lost in the dizzying number of specialized groups.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. "So far so good"

Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Customer Assistance Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Chase provides1 month of training before they put us on the floor. They had a active CAS manager attend training with the trainger since so much has changed since the last training 1 year ago.

Cons

Since there has been such a long streach without hirring into this position the training is a bit disorganized

Advice to Management

Nothing yet

2. "Great place to work if you are in the right department"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time

Pros

Its a very relaxed atmosphere, I was lucky to have a hands off manager who left me alone.
    To get ahead you need to know the right people and then prove you can handle the projects assigned. Once you do that and the upper management knows you are set and you will get all the good projects.

Being a huge company there are lots of opportunities to join extra curricular activities such as volunteering, mentoring, recruiting, and etc.

I met a lot of great people here, sure there are cliques but generally people are friendly and open.

The work life balance is generally good from my experience. You are allowed to work from home whenever you need to.

Good PTO.

Cons

Pay is somewhat low. I did the same amount of work as people getting paid almost twice as much as me, but because they worked here longer they got a lot higher paycheck.

Lots of red tape if you are a developer, the computers are bogged down by slow software. Its affects productivity a lot. If only they spent more on technology such as projectors/wifi in conference room, employees can be more productive.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and rely less on contractors.