J.P. Morgan - relaxed | Glassdoor

"relaxed"

Pros

easy going relaxed environment made it fun to work

Cons

the pay was rather low and lots of lazy ppls

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

"Boring, not challenging"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoyed most of the people I worked with. On occassion I would get the opportunity to do something out of my ordinary hum drum work day, but for the most part it was boring and uneventful

Cons

There are several. Managers who turn a blind eye to people sleeping at their desks and/or being generally disruptive (ie: playing the guitar in their cubes); saying inappropriate things. Another con and a big reason I left is allowing managers to ignore requests to use latest technology because they just didn't want to learn it. People who were promoted to management positions with no training or idea how to manage a department or people.

Advice to Management

Employee needs to know that if you sleep, sing, tap, hum, buzz or just speak loudly in your cube farm that there will not be endless warnings before some real discipline is put in place. Take away old technology not giving people the choice to keep on using the old technology once the new better technology is rolled out. Train and train again newly promoted and older managers how to manage people, departments and relationships. They need to know how to handle tough situations like the ones mentioned above.

2. "Sales oriented"

Pros

High ceiling for earnings with commissions

Cons

Sales culture. Lots of pressure by managers