J.P. Morgan - I became attached to the company, to my position and team, and wanted another extension | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

"I became attached to the company, to my position and team, and wanted another extension"

Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

at the cubicle i was working in you have trader desk heights for privacy. Great communication via email & phone to stay on top of assignments. Compliments from Senior RMs felt awesome, my heart melted, motivated me to do work faster, better, & smarter.

Cons

Too much privacy within one location leaves you a little bit too separated from other colleagues. You work independently, so that means you will eat lunch by yourself, so really recommended to reach out and interact with everyone on the floor. No one to ask for help.

Advice to Management

Get your budget straight/head count. Sometimes its not about the pay, although it would be nice to pay for necessities. Personally i would work with this company because of its culture and corporate responsibility to society and community.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. "Like working in a factory."

Current Employee - Document Review Specialist in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Document Review Specialist in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. Job security, as it would be illegal for the company to offshore this particular function.

Cons

Line managers have never actually done the work. They spend all their time coming up with policies and procedures to govern those of us who have, and most of what they produce is nonsense. Highly paranoid on the subject of risk.

Advice to Management

Spend a day or two working cases, then go back and re-write the entire procedure manual.

2. "I enjoy working at Chase, however I just wish there were more opportunities for advancement."

Pros

Good benefits, facilities are good (better in some buildings than others)

Cons

Lack of opportunities for advancement. You would think they would be plentiful in such a large company, but especially if you are someone who gained the majority of your experience outside of Chase, they don't value that as much as I would expect.

Advice to Management

Really listen to your employees suggestions!