J.P. Morgan - I spent 10 years at JPM Chase where I worked in 5 different roles. Department head and Program/Project Manager | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J.P. Morgan

"I spent 10 years at JPM Chase where I worked in 5 different roles. Department head and Program/Project Manager"

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I personally had a great deal of mobility. On the flip side, I had no choice because my position was eliminated, or I had completed a large project. I enjoyed working with very smart co-workers. Hard work and a focus on meeting your commitments will go a long way.

Cons

Some managers like to micro-manage their teams. Reviews and inter rankings are very political. Global departments tend to be the worse offenders (New York vs. London). Work life balance is mostly negative, but it all depends on your role and your manager. Projects and initiatives tend to managed by crisis.

Advice to Management

Focus on long term planning and staff development

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

"Good Company"

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture, Company wants management to better treat employees, promoting employee satisfaction initiative. Lots of room to grow across different lines of business.

Cons

Opportunities of advancement is hard to come by because its in such high demand
    Employees that have been there 10+ years tend to be miserable and don't like the new changes that came with the Bank One merger

2. "Great place for tech and current technologies"

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Get to work with lots of technologies, mostly professional and knowledgeable team. First-line manager was great to work with. Flexible work hours, and WFH.

Cons

Hard to get promoted past VP, unless you know who to shmooze or kiss up. Not a true meritocracy. Have to play the game to get promoted. Nebulous goals to get promoted - they keep changing, and even if you meet them, no guarantee of high ranking. Performance management system is horrible.

Advice to Management

Define clear, step-by-step objectives for promotions. Nothing nebulous. Actually respect Jamie Dimon's edict of "respect everyone, at all levels." MDs/EDs should not get to demean folks in person or on concalls.