J.P. Morgan - An incredible journey | Glassdoor

"An incredible journey"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is no where it was when I began in 1997 but the work life program is great

Cons

Managing Directors that know nothing of the business but base your knowledge on your skin color.

Advice to Management

If hiring a manager that had been downsized in the past, take a look at his/her entire resume, How did they treat those under them, Do they value the knowlege of the people working for them, should that manager be allowed to put her sexual orientation on display then assume you have a problem with it? Should she be able to make racial jokes and lie on revirews? After notifying Human resources, this manager was allowed to continue to bully and block raises.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. "Teller"

Current Employee - Bank Teller
    Current Employee - Bank Teller

I have been working at J.P. Morgan part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits. A lot of career opportunities. Once in the company, there are many different sectors in the bank you can get promoted to.

Cons

There is currently a hiring freeze in the company. Tons of people are getting let off. I've been with the company for almost 7 years and they are not willing to promote me as a banker. Even with a college degree in economics, they will not budge. All the managers tell you they are willing to help you in any way, but when it comes down to it, they don't help with much when you ask for their help. They are plenty of incentives as a teller/banker, but they have cut down the percentages tremendously compared to 1-2 years ago.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your current employees, especially the ones that have been loyal to the company for years.

2. "so so company, stable but mediocre."

Current Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Investment Banking Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

it is very stable, never heard any layoffs, at least in our department. So a good place for your life before retirement

Cons

more than half of people know nothing and do nothing. I guess it is true for most giant firms. So your pay gets diluted. Even if you are a super star, does not make much difference. after merger with Bear, you can tell the difference between Bear and JPM people. The former are top notch for sure, far more knowledgeable and productive. BTW, I am not ex-Bear. Mediocre wins and management plays favorites.

Advice to Management

pay the out performers more generously. 80% work done by 20%. So should pay accordingly