J.P. Morgan - Deadend | Glassdoor

"Deadend"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I have been working at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

At least I am employed, for time being.

Cons

constant layoff rumors, no advancement, over 8 years in management, transferred to this state within company unable to get position so I took what I could get. This was a mistake because then they only were allowing lateral moves so was never able to achieve managerial position again. Previously with 5 years with the company your vacation was 5 weeks, they changed the policy and now the most you can get is 4 weeks. They also downgraded the health insurance where it costs more and the best policy they offer now is awful. Bonuses are non-existent for most employees now. Luckily I still get a yearly, rather than monthly but my yearly is the equivalent of what one of my monthly was. Many people around me didn't even get a yearly bonus this year. As you guessed company moral is very low. To advance in the company you must become best buddies with the right group, it's common knowledge around they only advance their friends, even ones that don't have degrees or the experience required for the position. Definitely time to move on to another company.

Advice to Management

Instead of promoting buddies, without the experience and knowledge, try to promote people who truly know the job. People don't have faith in management, for every good manager there is at least 20 that don't know what is going on, don't have the experience level and degree, and are unable to answer simple questions management should know. It's a joke. It is part of the reason so many errors and lawsuits are becoming common within the company.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

"positive experience"

Former Employee - Bank Teller
    Former Employee - Bank Teller

I worked at J.P. Morgan part-time (More than a year)

Pros

the hours are great, very flexible.

Cons

The pay and opportunity for advancement is low.

2. "It was a challenging and stimulating environment"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at J.P. Morgan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values, teamwork, and exposure to multiple industries. Ability to be proactive.

Cons

Challenging work hours and a high stress environment at times.