J.P. Morgan - Satisfied employee | Glassdoor

"Satisfied employee"

Current Employee - Investment Assistant in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Investment Assistant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Best CEO in the industry and one of the best anywhere. Top notch benefit package. Culture promotes integrity and work/life balance. Great place to develop your career with regular performance feedback, education and training opportunities and the chance to work with some really smart people.

Cons

In such a large organization there are some inconsistencies. I have worked in four different departments within two different lines of business and was surprised at the different cultures and quality of mid level management. I had bosses I'd work for again in a heartbeat and others not so good. My advice to coworkers who are unhappy is to find another opportunity within the organization because there are plenty and you can find a good fit. Communication doesn't always flow as well as it should between the strategic decision makers, operations and the client facing folks.

Advice to Management

Keep making decisions with an eye toward to the long run. Give employees a chance to catch their breath between system conversions and platform changes.

Other Employee Reviews for J.P. Morgan

1. "All companies have problems; JP Morgan does a pretty good job."

Current Employee - Asset Management Vice President in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Asset Management Vice President in Columbus, OH

Pros

There are a lot of opportunities to try many different things across multiple areas. I would only recommend working for an Line of Business as this is where the revenue is generated. The benefits are quite good compared to other companies in the area and there is a lot of flexible with my job in terms of working from home, working flex hours, etc. My current management chain trusts me and does a good job of promoting us across the Line of Business. Senior Leadership has positioned the firm to succeed in these difficult times for financial services organizations.

Cons

It can be impersonal at times in addition to the stupidity of the firm through the actions of the core functions. Individuals that are in customer service roles don't always know what it means to serve customers. Folks don't always think through decisions nor do they stop to challenge things when they see things that don't make sense. Some times I wonder what it takes for some folks to get fired or I get I should say released. Working internationally can be difficult because of multiple time zones and accomodating everyone on the call, meaning working evenings. Office space is tight.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on what makes us successful. Be willing to remove folks that are doing the job or were incorrectly promoted.

"JPMC - Work hard, get paid well and get noticed"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

Compensation - I think large corporations have more flexibility and opportunity to pay for and keep top employees. Career growth - there are opportunities not only within my organization, but also within others and throughout the world. Work/life balance - there is a healthy respect for employee work/life balance. Working from home when needed, or varying hours isn't a problem. The company definitely works with you. Fairness & respect - I see a great mix of individuals employed within my organization. People are treated as professionals and that is carried through all levels of management. I haven't worked for a more consistent organization.

Cons

It's a large corportation -there's always a chance of getting lost in the crowd. It also makes it more challenging to stand out in your job, but for those who work hard and take advantage of the opportunities presented to them, it becomes easier. If you're looking for a place where you'll feel like you're part of a family, look elsewhere. Again, scale is the factor. Another thing that can be a downside for some: working in a world-wide organization can mean odd hours for you. Imagine conducting business with team members in Asia or Europe. You need to remain flexible and keep track of the impact to your life/work balance.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing top tier employees - it's not always evident that they value the best.
    Strive for greater parity in salaries within organizations - are team members compensated in a fair and balanced way?