Cover image for J.P. Morgan

Current Employee, more than 8 years

Return to Work

May 4, 2021 - Vice President
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers, paid time off, and attempts to support career growth

Cons

Getting hired is based on who you know not what you know. Lack of respect and consideration of employees wants and needs. After working from home for 15 months, senior leadership arbitrarily decided we should return to work in the office. There was no consultation with people doing the job, complete disrespect for us. It’s clear they intend to return to pre-pandemic, little wfh flexibility options other than a day here or there. Obviously the decision was made with the mindset of a long gone business model. Good people will leave because remote work is the wave of now. They are making efforts to diversify leadership but many feel it’s just for show. Same for career advancement and growth opportunities ,

Continue reading
    5 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great job

Mar 23, 2023 - Investment Professional in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They sponsored me for my series 7 and so far so good

Cons

To early to tell, I have not started my actual job

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

No Work Life Balance

Feb 15, 2023 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay Cutting edge technology Very smart people Very friendly people An amazing atmosphere if you're young and single. I highly recommend this place for anyone who is hungry to succeed and has the time to do so.

Cons

This is a terrible place for a family man/woman. You are expected to come in 3 days a week on top of getting certified for new technologies (on your own time, you will not be given time to do so), a big list of HR related "classes", and also keeping up with a mountain of work while (for senior developers) also helping junior developers finish their work or learn the required technologies. To add the cherry on top, you may be required to work weekends to the release teams. It's also by far the most corporate place I have worked for. You are not speaking to a person, you are speaking to what their job title is. There seems to be an implicit ask that you grovel to people with more seniority.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about J.P. Morgan.

J.P. Morgan Careers

Cover image for J.P. Morgan

Joining J.P. Morgan means being part of a global community of industry-leading experts. We work hard to create an open, inclusive and...More

• Students & Grad
  • Technology
  • Corporate Impact
  • Benefits

J.P. Morgan Photos

+ Add Photo
J.P. Morgan photo of: Bournemouth office - Round the Island Cycle Challenge raising money for the Ellen MacArthur Cancer Trust.
J.P. Morgan photo of: Bournemouth office