J Sainsbury - Great place to develop through from all levels of experience and expertise | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J Sainsbury

"Great place to develop through from all levels of experience and expertise"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)
Current Employee - Business Analyst in London, England (UK)

I have been working at J Sainsbury full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can do culture, great community feel across organisation, everyone is working towards serving our customers from HR to IT to Finance ect.....meeting celebrities in the office and free products.

Cons

Normal politics across most places, often people are moved around to departments without experience...for example a Beers manager moving to IT role.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Other Employee Reviews for J Sainsbury

1. "Customer service assistant"

Former Intern - Customer Service Assistant in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)
    Former Intern - Customer Service Assistant in Ellesmere Port, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Staff and customers extremely friendly. Keeps employees interests at heart- good holidays and pay. Good work hours based around you.

Cons

There is really any downsides to working at Sainsburys but they are strict on uniform and grooming- they want you to look your best all the time whilst in their uniform.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!!

"First glimpse of the working world"

Former Employee - General Assistant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England (UK)

I worked at J Sainsbury part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Sainsburys was my first job that supported me through sixth form, college and then onto university. They were flexible, allowing me time off for exams and other educational commitments,
    Most people I worked with were very friendly, although some were not so interested in being friendly which I often thought was because they didn't think I would be there very long. After working there 5 years and 10 months I decided I needed to move onto other things which was not an easy decision.

Cons

Some managers were not interested in talking to you unless to tell you to do something that was not part of your job role. Nor did they understand that you were only contracted until a certain time, I would normally leave 10-15 minutes after this time.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if some of the managers had taken more of an interest in my education, I suspect hardly any knew I was studying a degree in Architecture. Not that this should have had, but it might have made them treat me with a little more respect.