J. Walter Thompson Worldwide - Th epicenter of the American auto industry, Team Detroit. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for J. Walter Thompson Worldwide

"Th epicenter of the American auto industry, Team Detroit."

Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Dearborn, MI
Current Employee - Account Coordinator in Dearborn, MI

Pros

You work for a huge account that's very directly tied to the American economy. When you produce good work, you feel like it might actually have a huge impact. You have a hand in work that reachers millions of people in prime time. But that doesn't neccesarily mean its exciting work. The company has the ability to do great things, if the were brave enough.

Cons

When things don't go as planned, the effects are felt equally strongly.The client is a sinking ship. Things might get a lot worse before they get better. The leaders are old dinosaurs opposed to change.

Advice to Management

You can't keep doing the same things you've always done and expect them to work. Take risks. The result can't be much worse than what's already taking place.

Other Employee Reviews for J. Walter Thompson Worldwide

"If advertising is your game, this is the place."

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Washington, DC

Pros

Working there opened doors of opportunity as far as having a highly rated international ad agency on your resume. I believe their good name for advertising and their reputation, more then mine, got me the initial interviews and a couple of job offers. The design firms i worked with liked the fact that a designer from a big agency came to work for them.

Cons

There were a lot of office politics involved. If you negotiate well through office politics you will thrive. As in high school, you deal with the popular kids and the not so popular kids and you realize that life isn't fair all the time. You need to play well within that culture

Advice to Management

I don't really have any to give them, don't think they'd listen.

2. "Art Director"

Current Employee - Art Director in Istanbul (Turkey)
    Current Employee - Art Director in Istanbul (Turkey)

I have been working at J. Walter Thompson Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love art directing. I have been doing this job about 8 years now. I am working with JWT family last 3 years and I want to work with other companies like worldwide.

Cons

Sometimes long working days, never ending presentations.