JLL - Neutral Observer | Glassdoor

"Neutral Observer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Large firm with opportunities to change specialization. Management is sensitive to commitments outside of work, but expect that work is completed on time of sufficient quality.

Cons

For such a large firm it is somewhat disconcerting the level of financial discipline directed towards the rank and file. Employees must negotiate everything they deserve and are often met with intense resistance to merited adjustments in compensation. High degree of importance placed on education and advanced degrees. Management continues to measure employee effort by "face time" and can often be found roaming the hallways late into the evening.

Advice to Management

Supporting employee development, especially high-performers, must be more than lip-service.

Other Employee Reviews for JLL

1. "Respectable global company"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

Jones Lang LaSalle had a great benefit package. I didn't realize it at the time but now that I'm gone I wished I still had their plan.

Cons

If you worked onsite for a client you advancement opportunity are significantly limited. Also, a lot ot times new hires will make more money than the senior analyst in the group,

Advice to Management

Try and focus more on promoting within. I left the company because there seemed few opportunites to those of us onsite with a client

2. "Associate Broker's view"

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

Pros

Name recognition is key in this business. You are walking into a pitch with one of the largest, most notable companies in the industry behind you.

Cons

It is very much a "good old boys" club atmosphere. Can be difficult to succeed unless you have a strong support structure from within the company.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful if JLL management provided a more formalized mentor program in order to groom the younger associates.