JLL - Just Another Juggernaut | Glassdoor

"Just Another Juggernaut"

Current Employee - Operating Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Operating Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

It's a large firm with multiple lines of business across the entire real estate field. It's not just a property management firm, or a brokerage, or a real estate consulting firm. It's everything wrapped up into one.

Cons

(see above) The firm is too damn big and corporate. My e-mail box is loaded with JLL spam and none of it is relevant to my position as a union operating engineer.

Advice to Management

Recognize that the culture of the "ground pounders" in building ops (Engineers, Porters, Guards) is different from the ultra-corporate culture of the rest of the firm and that failure to recognize this fact is a huge barrier to getting people on the bottom of the food chain to really buy into the firm and take ownership.

Other Employee Reviews for JLL

"Neutral Observer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Large firm with opportunities to change specialization. Management is sensitive to commitments outside of work, but expect that work is completed on time of sufficient quality.

Cons

For such a large firm it is somewhat disconcerting the level of financial discipline directed towards the rank and file. Employees must negotiate everything they deserve and are often met with intense resistance to merited adjustments in compensation. High degree of importance placed on education and advanced degrees. Management continues to measure employee effort by "face time" and can often be found roaming the hallways late into the evening.

Advice to Management

Supporting employee development, especially high-performers, must be more than lip-service.

2. "Respectable global company"

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Bedminster, NJ

Pros

Jones Lang LaSalle had a great benefit package. I didn't realize it at the time but now that I'm gone I wished I still had their plan.

Cons

If you worked onsite for a client you advancement opportunity are significantly limited. Also, a lot ot times new hires will make more money than the senior analyst in the group,

Advice to Management

Try and focus more on promoting within. I left the company because there seemed few opportunites to those of us onsite with a client