JR Simplot - I've never been treated with such disrespect. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

"I've never been treated with such disrespect."

Pros

It is a large company with good stability. I was drawn to Simplot for the change to move up the corporate ladder and start a life long career.

Cons

Management is inept. While some people are promoted from inside the company, skill sets are not examined before the promotion. I was unfortunately placed in a department of people who did not respect their manager or co-workers. The training I received was half-assed. Senior management let middle management do whatever they pleased without any oversight. This eventually led to me leaving the company. I would suggest strongly researching the position your applying for. Simplot is an EXTREMELY corporate environment down to the tiniest detail with managers who should probably not be managers running the daily operations.

Advice to Management

Take a more active role in what middle management is doing. This would save time and money with training new employees. A lot of processes are redundant and an unneeded. Make sure the training is given in a thorough manner and not as if the trainer is in a race to finish.

Other Employee Reviews for JR Simplot

1. "Good Company"

Pros

Very stress free place to work. Good hours and when you want time off you get it. Flexible employer to work for.

Cons

Moving up is possible but the tend to hire from outside too often. Even if your in the same department, have good reviews, and good relationships with co workers they tend to look outside. Pay is low compared to similar companies.

Advice to Management

Look at the employees you currently have. Often times they are more capable than the employees you are bringing in with no experience in the company.

2. "Truck driver"

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Holland, TX
    Current Employee - Truck Driver in Holland, TX

I have been working at JR Simplot full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Home every night and day

Cons

Management play favoritism towards employees