JR Simplot - Show how hard of a worker you are and not be lazy it will pay off | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

"Show how hard of a worker you are and not be lazy it will pay off"

Current Employee - QA Team in Aberdeen, ID
Current Employee - QA Team in Aberdeen, ID

Pros

I have only worked for J.R Simplot Food Group for a little over a year. In that time I have moved up to a Team Lead. The abilty to move up here is up to the person you will only get out of it what you put into it. The 12hr shifts working 3 days on and having 3 days off is the reasion I wanted to work for JR Simplot. I am happy that they do see how an employee works and will give that person a chance to move up

Cons

Some of the Cons to working at Simplot are not seeing people being held accountable for what they do. Managment not helping with Team Work or showing the respect for all employees equal. The biggest one is that Family is not able to work at the same place as a Team Lead or above. Lack of Team Work.

Advice to Management

Hold people Accountable for what they do and do not do. Show the Employees that you care about what they do and reward the people who are doing good not only talk to them when the mess up. Work on Team Work

Other Employee Reviews for JR Simplot

1. "working here"

Current Employee - Pack III in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Pack III in Grand Forks, ND

Pros

The only good thing is pay is good and benefits are one of the best in this area thats it

Cons

Management is awful. There is one shift manager that no one likes to work with. When he is on your shift tension is so high. When i first started to work here i looked forward to it, now i have to push myself to go to work. I have seen people denied vacation. I have gone to work a few times and no one knew what was going on that day.

Advice to Management

If I was management i would like to see every supervisor be on the same page. It seems they each have there way of doing things. I would also advise to talk to this one shift manager about how he conducts everything.

2. "Probably the best place to work in Grand Forks, ND that pays well starting if you're applying for an operator position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND

Pros

Good starting wage for an operator 12 or higher, depending on shifts
    Nice team leads and management

Cons

Seniority. Seems like you have to work at Simplot for 20 years to snag any job or a shift. YOu can get booted from any shift from someone who as worked longer there.
    HR is a mess
    Schedules are awful, they have 4, day, evening, nights and rotation

Advice to Management

Fix the schedules up, hire part timers for weekends, get rid of the rotating shifts. Be flexible with schedules and quit the whole seniority thing. Performance should matter. Even sonorities don't make much compared to new hire. Find a way for people to get out of the Union.