JR Simplot - Initial employment is fair, but promotions and raises are promised but not delivered. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JR Simplot

"Initial employment is fair, but promotions and raises are promised but not delivered."

Former Employee - Operations Support in Lodi, CA
Former Employee - Operations Support in Lodi, CA

Pros

Immediate holiday pay, medical after 30 days, sick leave and 2 weeks vacation per year to start.

Cons

any safety complaints will lead to retalitory action by management.

Advice to Management

Live up to your responsibilities and promisses

Other Employee Reviews for JR Simplot

1. "Show how hard of a worker you are and not be lazy it will pay off"

Current Employee - QA Team in Aberdeen, ID
    Current Employee - QA Team in Aberdeen, ID

Pros

I have only worked for J.R Simplot Food Group for a little over a year. In that time I have moved up to a Team Lead. The abilty to move up here is up to the person you will only get out of it what you put into it. The 12hr shifts working 3 days on and having 3 days off is the reasion I wanted to work for JR Simplot. I am happy that they do see how an employee works and will give that person a chance to move up

Cons

Some of the Cons to working at Simplot are not seeing people being held accountable for what they do. Managment not helping with Team Work or showing the respect for all employees equal. The biggest one is that Family is not able to work at the same place as a Team Lead or above. Lack of Team Work.

Advice to Management

Hold people Accountable for what they do and do not do. Show the Employees that you care about what they do and reward the people who are doing good not only talk to them when the mess up. Work on Team Work

2. "working here"

Current Employee - Pack III in Grand Forks, ND
    Current Employee - Pack III in Grand Forks, ND

Pros

The only good thing is pay is good and benefits are one of the best in this area thats it

Cons

Management is awful. There is one shift manager that no one likes to work with. When he is on your shift tension is so high. When i first started to work here i looked forward to it, now i have to push myself to go to work. I have seen people denied vacation. I have gone to work a few times and no one knew what was going on that day.

Advice to Management

If I was management i would like to see every supervisor be on the same page. It seems they each have there way of doing things. I would also advise to talk to this one shift manager about how he conducts everything.