JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery - Ok place to work, bought up by roll global last year. great benefits and decent starting pay. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery

"Ok place to work, bought up by roll global last year. great benefits and decent starting pay."

Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant in Paso Robles, CA
Former Employee - Tasting Room Attendant in Paso Robles, CA

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good starting pay for the area

Cons

Far drive for most people and long hours at times

Other Employee Reviews for JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery

1. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Wine Guide in Paso Robles, CA
    Current Employee - Wine Guide in Paso Robles, CA

I have been working at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with of varied life backgrounds and experiences. Willing to invest into new/older employees so that we get the most out of our work. Team incentives with sprinklings of individual so that we can achieve a synergistic status.

Cons

JUSTIN Vineyards & winery is very far away from most places in Paso (actually the furthest West) and sometimes it takes some effort to plan out my commute, and also does not really allow for saving at the pump. But honestly this is me digging deep to find something.

Advice to Management

I recommend that the managers work together more to accomplish goals. Granted I am on the outside looking in, but there are somethings that take a couple weeks to get working (swipe cards for the clock-in/out system, or company emails set up). But honestly this is me digging deep again to find something.

2. "Company Culture is Non-Existent"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Paso Robles, CA

I worked at JUSTIN Vineyards & Winery full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- High product quality
    - Solid medical/dental/vision benefits
    - Discount on wine

Cons

- No collaboration between departments whatsoever; don't let potlucks fool you, there is zero culture at JUSTIN (but there is a lot of gossip)
    - Fear based leadership with little to no performance feedback (good or bad); if a mistake is made there is no analysis and improvement, they will simply replace you
    - None of the employees want to be there and it really shows; this goes for the Wisteria Ln office where all of the admin and Wine Society teams are as well as for the tasting room. New employees are excited and eager, but give it a month or two and the twinkle in the eye is gone. Do yourself a favor and find a job that will pay equally as well as this one, but with a team that actually makes going to work bearable

Advice to Management

Making money is great, and you are good at it. If you paid a quarter of the attention to your employee turnover rate as you do your EBITDA, then the brand would be unstoppable instead of resting on its laurels.