Jabil - Good Company Mindset. Poor Execution. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jabil

"Good Company Mindset. Poor Execution."

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Memphis, TN
Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Jabil full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company mindset and culture is great; very entrepreneurial, self start, do-it yourself, and work hard, play hard. At the local site, the people that I have dealt with seem motivated, nice, and genuinely helpful. The challenges are exciting, and you can quickly gain experience. Jabil does try to make up in benefits [full health with low premiums, good 401.k, stock purchase plan, profit sharing] for what they lack in pay.

Although you wonder if you even have an upper management, there are some real gems within middle management. All problems said, Jabil is definitely the best compared its competitors, and it should be said that may of its problems are the nature of the business environment that it is in. It has also seemed to recognize/acknowledge these problems and has started to make steps to change if however slight.

Cons

Jabil has grown into a large international manufacturing services company while keeping the strong small business mindset but has seemed to keep small business problems. Many times templates and previous solutions are no where to be found, and with I do-it yourself culture, when you point out that you need tools, you are often assigned the work to create it. Long-term planning is little to non-existent even in long-running accounts. Management does seem to only go for short ROIs, and concentrate more on checking actions off a checklist than verifying if those actions were done with any quality. When the complications come up because there was no proper planning, the management solution is to promise to fix the long-term problem, but until then, the solution is working people harder.

Direct compensation is lower than most would like, but with the extra benefits, it seems bearable. It would be more acceptable if the company gave more individual and team bonuses based on objective performance or if it worked harder to develop and promote.

Advice to Management

Leverage the great culture that you have to create and share best practices and the proper training to implement those practices. Don't be afraid to make long-term investments and take time to do proper systemic planning. Reduce the impact of high turn-over by developing and promoting employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Jabil

"Buyer"

Former Employee - Buyer in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Buyer in Memphis, TN

I worked at Jabil part-time

Pros

Very relaxed dress code. ( this was good and bad). Coworkers were more helpful than management.

Cons

Management was disfunctional and disrespectful. Work life balance was non existent. Very little training was provided to new hires

"Jabil does not care about its staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Jabil full-time

Pros

Great staff and good compensation.

Cons

Managers have no clue and are disrespectful towards their staff and do act like dictators. I was recruited by Jabil from another state and offered a lot of money to relocate but after I did so, I discovered that they are more interested in appearing to work rather than actually doing the work. If you are interested in doing the work and advancing your career then stay away from this company. HR does not care about you which I found out after complaining about my supervisor.

Advice to Management

Managers are abusive and there needs to be some accountability, they are clueless who are destroying Jabil.