Jack Henry & Associates - Excellent company | Glassdoor

"Excellent company"

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong executive management overall. Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance. This company lives both, best I've seen in the financial services software industry.

Cons

Like their peers/competitors, Jack Henry is largely a combination of companies they've acquired. They do an admirable job of leaving companies alone after acquiring them, but sometimes to a fault. Could take a stronger hand in management sooner after acquisition, and should provide better corporate standards and guidance across divisions and business units.

Advice to Management

Leverage best of breed across the corporation. Stop protecting a very small number of weak mid-senior managers; act on peer reviews when the evidence is overwhelming.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack Henry & Associates

"underpaid and overworked"

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cannot say anything positive about working in software development at Symitar. Sales and operations staff probably have a much different experience. The managers on that side of the house appear to treat their people better.

Cons

Salaried staff in the department were expected to work crazy hours for sub-market pay. Developers and business analysts, however, were paid hourly and thus compensated for overtime. Management's solution to every problem is to get rid of someone. There were bitter feuds between managers (and I do not mean disagreements) and turf protection was rampant.

Advice to Management

If a manager doesn't get along with any of the other managers and is disliked by everyone on his or her staff, maybe that person is the problem.

"JHA has a great reputation among customers and employees, now I know why."

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time

Pros

Great on boarding process, organized and efficient. Loads of talented, approachable people. Many opportunities to advance and grow. Established process for teamwork and collaboration. Best benefits package I've seen in 15 years. The CEO spent 45 minutes with us, giving us a history of the company and answering all questions.

The one thing I was most impressed with was finding out that during the recent recession, JHA decided to not lay off a single employee. The company cut expenses and weathered the storm. When the economy started to turn around, JHA possessed a fiercely loyal employee base ready to take care of its customers.

The company truly values its employees and places a heavy emphasis on customer service. Most companies will give lip-service to one or the other. As an employee, it gives me great satisfaction to know that I and everyone around me is working hard to do the right thing each day.

Cons

Having to wait 1 year for ESP plan