Jack Henry & Associates - Great! | Glassdoor

"Great!"

I have been working at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, opportunities for growth, relaxed atmosphere, and a friendly rapport with management. Their benefits package is great and they are always willing to put you in classes to expand your knowledge

Cons

Since starting at Jack Henry, I have no complaints. Compared to others in the industry, this company is tops in my book.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack Henry & Associates

"Excellent company"

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very strong executive management overall. Every company says they care about customer satisfaction and employee work-life balance. This company lives both, best I've seen in the financial services software industry.

Cons

Like their peers/competitors, Jack Henry is largely a combination of companies they've acquired. They do an admirable job of leaving companies alone after acquiring them, but sometimes to a fault. Could take a stronger hand in management sooner after acquisition, and should provide better corporate standards and guidance across divisions and business units.

Advice to Management

Leverage best of breed across the corporation. Stop protecting a very small number of weak mid-senior managers; act on peer reviews when the evidence is overwhelming.

"underpaid and overworked"

I worked at Jack Henry & Associates full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I cannot say anything positive about working in software development at Symitar. Sales and operations staff probably have a much different experience. The managers on that side of the house appear to treat their people better.

Cons

Salaried staff in the department were expected to work crazy hours for sub-market pay. Developers and business analysts, however, were paid hourly and thus compensated for overtime. Management's solution to every problem is to get rid of someone. There were bitter feuds between managers (and I do not mean disagreements) and turf protection was rampant.

Advice to Management

If a manager doesn't get along with any of the other managers and is disliked by everyone on his or her staff, maybe that person is the problem.