Jack in the Box - Jack in the Box asks alot from the employees without any type gratitude and appraisal from management or corporate. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"Jack in the Box asks alot from the employees without any type gratitude and appraisal from management or corporate."

Current Employee - Cashier in Southgate, CA
Current Employee - Cashier in Southgate, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is plenty of hourly flexibility. If you are going to school or anything of that sort, management accomodates your schedule.

Cons

Night shifts are very scary, because they only let 2 persons in the store. Drive thru and diner are open. That's one of the reasons I quit.

Advice to Management

All the team members work extremely hard for the company and management has no type of rewards or appraisals. You need to at least give "thanx" to your workers since there are no type of benefits.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"Worklife Balance is the best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has great policy for worklife balance. Flex hours and schedule. A lot of nice people work here that trulely care about the company and the people.

Cons

The company is going through a lot of change right now and unfortunately has resulted in some good people to leave the company. Both voluntary and involunatary. Difficult times right now as general mood in not good but hopeful it will return to being a great company to work for.

Advice to Management

Try and get all changes completed as soon as possible. The changes have taken a big toll on morale and needs to bebuilt.

2. "Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision."

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

Cons

I'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

Advice to Management

If we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.