Jack in the Box - Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"Too Dramatic, and Menacing Supervision."

Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Cashier/Cook in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Time flies - when it's a busy day, it won't be long before the shift ends. Plus, there tends to be easygoing hours, not to mention it's very quick to catch up on.

Cons

I'm not sure if it was the store itself, but there were so many days that it's utterly packed it would be scary. Not to mention the silly more-than-what-should-exist drama that emanated in there - the manager and the one before had such preferences/biased statements to the point all cashiers would have lack of hours, yet get still called in off-hours due to shortage. (I mean come on, what kind of manager are you if you can't even get the entire schedule fixed up nicely?) Not to mention the lines we HAVE to say in order to "have more hours"... not very pleasant in everyone's favors. Plus a waste of time.

Advice to Management

If we have a certain "time" to beat handing out orders, then don't make us say "How is our service today?" to our guests - it kills our time to hear opinions, not to mention it makes this company have a desperate image - ESPECIALLY if our actual hours LITERALLY depend on it. ONE MORE THING: for the love of customers, if you wanna keep employees, then for crying out loud, get the recorded hours right - the fact that I have to take photographic proof that I haven't been getting the proper pay for the amount of hours I REALLY have been working, not to mention having to record a document of such as well, is truly something that isn't good at all in your image. Sincerely, a very grumpy worker of a 50+tacos/hour store.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"It's time for a change in leadership."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. Decent benefits. In house gym and Jack.

Cons

Jack in the Box used to be a great place to work. In the past couple of years the morale has taken a drastic spiral downward. It's due to the change in business model and decisions made by upper management. Downsizing is not always the best answer even if it seems more economically sound at first. Quite often when you outsource, that company will nickle and dime you to death. You also lose very valuable and loyal employees.

Advice to Management

Please open your eyes to what is going on in the company. You have very loyal employees who are looking for other jobs because of your poor decision making. You are ruining the company due to your personal greed. It's time for a big change in executive management.

"Heading no where fast"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Casual dress code, alternate work schedule (every other Friday off), if you like fast food, in house Jack in the Box. Two floating holidays additional time off (but depends on your start date whether you are entitled to both the first year)

Cons

They preach FEAST (Fun, Excellence, Agility, ...) but there is no love or fun there. Instead of letting employees do their job always trying to force being happy and Fun. There is a cloud of tension and stress that hangs in the air. Most offices have no windows in the CSC building. Top heavy management and most of them are micro managers. You need to be a Yes person or you will quickly be singled out and then out. Just not a feeling of being comfortable working there. Move is toward outsourcing. Very little to none advancement. NO vacation the first year.

Advice to Management

Let some of the upper and middle management go. Rethink company focus. Current focus is identical to the one they tried 5 years ago. Yes 18-35 do eat more fast food, but the 35+ age group is larger and they also eat fast food. Remember that families in all age groups tend to have kids and they take them to eat. Those kids tend to go back to those places as they get older and yes they have kids which they would bring back as well and the cycle repeats. But alas, Jack does not have any items for kids or anything healthy. But it really does come down to management and the overall feeling while working there.