Jack in the Box - Company has changed from a great place to work to a miserable place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Jack in the Box

"Company has changed from a great place to work to a miserable place"

Former Employee - Worked In Corporate Under Marketing Department in San Diego, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Corporate positions have good life balance
Nice facilities at corporate office
Most of the employees are great (still a few mean girls left)
Decent benefits as expected from a corporate place
Good place to work if you are young

Cons

Management is completely lost .
Management is focused on Wallstreet and franchisees - not the consumer
Company has sold out and lost its soul
They are not looking for independent thinkers. Just be a "yes man" and you will fit right in at corporate.
Company is no longer trying to be quality - just, cheap food that can be served fast. They have not embraced that consumers are changing their food habits. The company is dated and does not want to face the future trends. They are just going for the quick buck for the short term.
They just purged and downsized the company and got rid of all the old, long term employees.

Advice to Management

No point in providing advice to management. They are not listening. They pretend to be "transparent" and honest, but in fact nothing is what they pretend it to be, New marketing guy is just as slimy as the last group they got rid of.

Other Employee Reviews for Jack in the Box

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Cashier in Castaic, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Castaic, CA

I worked at Jack in the Box part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tough economy--at least I was able to make some money.

Cons

Management was terrible. I quit after about two weeks--a month. Management trained their emplyees to disregard almost every regulation set into place by OSHA and the health department. Would get mad at me for "not being efficient enough" when I would stop to wash my hands without being asked (even though I had touched something nasty that would clearly require me to wash up) and tried charging me money for my final paycheck. They also would say extremely rude, demeaning things if you didn't understand what you were being asked to do. Also didn't train properly--they sat me in the back for about a week to watch videos on how to prepare the food, but then they just randomly threw me on as a cashier without training me whatsoever on how to do my job. That being said, they almost fired me for not doing my job properly.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with some dignity! I get it, it's fast food. It isn't exactly the most glorious thing in the world. But we're still human beings and deserve to be treated as such.

"SOOO many changes - is it time to jump ship?"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Jack in the Box full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

--Leadership is trying to cultivate a culture of "fun, excellence, agility, simplicity, and trust", while bringing the company into budgetary alignment in regards to being now 80% franchised
    --Every other Friday off

Cons

--Low pay, many layoffs/early retirements
    --Very low morale
    --No career ladder

Advice to Management

--more transparent communication, and more often
    --bring salaries into alignment with San Diego norms
    --initiate a Leadership Development program, illuminating career advancement/paths
    --drop the "if it isn't broken, don't fix it" mentality. Obsolete is worse than broken. If it's obsolete, fix it. If it takes 10 hours to do here, when other companies can do it in 2, fix it.